To prepare your home for winter...
If it is not already, it is important to remember to protect
your pump over the winter months. As the temperature drops cold
weather can damage your pump if it is not properly
insulated. Pumps, flexible hoses and all associated
pipework should be insulated against the cold weather to avoid the
risk of freezing.
Please take a look at where the pump is sited and consider the
following points to protect it during the winter months:
- Have you insulated the pump, flexible hoses and
associated pipe work for extreme conditions?
- Ensure the insulation materials cannot become entangled
in the pumps rotating shaft
- Ensure insulation materials cannot be drawn into the
- Do not cover the motor or fan casing. The vent
slots need access to ambient air at all times
If you have any questions on how to protect your Stuart Turner
product from the cold weather, just contact our PumpAssist team who will be happy to
guide you through any installation questions you might have. They
can be contacted via:
- Telephone: 0800 31 969 80
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat: via our website, www.stuart-turner.co.uk just
click on the icon during office hours to speak to a member of the