Monsoon Pump reluctant to start

MartynG 1 Posts 1 Karma
MartynG posted this 31 December 2017

I have  a monson pump fittted when we had the bathroom refitted a few years ago and has until recently been okay.  The fault is the pump was  slow to start after openng the shower valve . This has deteriorated and i have to give the pump a thump with my hand and its starts .  The shower may be turned off ad it will kick in again providing it is not left more than a few minutes. I removed and cleaned the shower head but that does not seem to have made any difference.

Does this sound like a pump problem? If so what can I check or adjust?

PumpAssist 242 Posts 173 Karma
Admin
PumpAssist posted this 02 January 2018

Is the pump a Standard or Universal?

If it is a Universal pump it should be starting instantly so it sounds faulty.

If the pump is a Standard pump, it sounds like you are struggling to get enough flow through to activate the pump. Certainly if you turn the shower on and the water dribbles, or there is no water, you need a Universal pump. If the pump starts when you place a magnet next to the arrow on one of the flow switches of the pump then the pump is ok and something is restricting the flow under gravity and creating a megative head.

Pope 1 Posts 1 Karma
Pope posted this 20 January 2018
PumpAssist
Is the pump a Standard or Universal? If it is a Universal pump it should be starting instantly so it sounds faulty. If the pump is a Standard pump, it sounds like you are struggling to get enough flow through to activate the pump. Certainly if you turn the shower on and the water dribbles, or there is no water, you need a Universal pump. If the pump starts when you place a magnet next to the arrow on one of the flow switches of the pump then the pump is ok and something is restricting the flow under gravity and creating a megative head.

Thanks Admin, was having the same problem, so i did the magnet trick and the pump is working again now. cheers